Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Compared with Baidu, Google is better

    You guys may be familiar with Google, because you use it every day to search everything in the internet. Moreover, in some aspects, Google Inc. is not only an internet company to provide the service for searching knowledge, but it involves maps, cell phone producing, and even driver-less car producing. Wow, so amazing company, but it does not get any advantages in china, because of Baidu.
    In China, when you ask a passers-by “What do you use as the internet searching engine?” I think ninety percent of people will give the answer—Baidu. Baidu is just like the Google providing the service for searching engine in China at first, and then it starts to get involved in more events, just like maps, music, video etc.     However, why does Baidu be more famous and more popular in China? Even the Google provides the better serve. Because the Chinese government kicks the Google out of China.
    In China, there are lots of sensitive words just like “89”, “法论功” etc. There are some events behind these words, which may do a bad influence to Chinese government. When you input these words in the searching engine, you will get nothing about that. Just like, when you write a comment to an internet essay, you involve the “89” in the comment, and your comment will not show below that essay. If I publish this article in China, the administrator will not pass it. That is the reason why I publish it in America. LOL.
    The Chinese government does not want more people know these events, especially the young kids, so the governs ask the searching company to shield these words or relative events when people are searching these things. Baidu accepted to do that ridiculous things, however, the Google refused in 2010, and what is the punishment for google? The whole company had to move out of china. Wow, the Baidu got the biggest advantage that its opponent disappeared in China and it got the support from its government.
    So ridiculous, right? Nevertheless, it is true event in China. From that time, people started to choose the Baidu as their first choice for searching engine and were more familiar with Baidu’s productions just like maps, cell phones and so on. And now, the Baidu is monopoly in China, and it even has no opponents and it involves more and more aspects, maybe in the future, there will be a bikini‘s brand called Baidu. What the hell.

    In my heart, I support the Google, because I love its ideas—freedom. I do not like someone else put the constraints to me. It is my job and I am the professor for my work, no one else can add the shit constraints to my work except the suggestions. That is all. I hope I can publish it. LOL. 

2 comments:

  1. Google sure is great. I'd like to learn more about Baidu though

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so mind blowing to me! I have heard about this whole situation briefly once, but never was fully explained it. It was interesting to hear about it from a first person perspective.

    ReplyDelete